Friday, October 4, 2024

Jesus' Mouthpiece

"Whoever listens to you listens to me. 
Whoever rejects you rejects me. 
And whoever rejects me 
rejects the one who sent me.”
(Luke 10:16)


The concept of Jesus as the mouthpiece of God is deeply rooted in biblical teachings. Jesus Himself emphasized that His words were not His own, but those of the Father who sent Him. For instance, in John 5:30, Jesus says, "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of Him who sent me". This highlights His role as the perfect communicator of God’s will.

Additionally, John 3:34 states, "For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit". This reinforces the idea that Jesus’ teachings and actions were direct expressions of God’s will and wisdom.

In the broader context of Christian theology, Jesus is often seen as fulfilling the roles of Prophet, Priest, and King. As a Prophet, He is the ultimate mouthpiece of God, delivering God’s message to humanity. This is beautifully encapsulated in John 1:1, where Jesus is described as the Word of God, indicating that He is both the messenger and the message.


In the quiet moments of dawn’s first light,
I hear a whisper, soft and bright.
A voice of love, so pure and clear,
Guiding my heart, drawing near.

Through words of grace and truth profound,
In every scripture, His voice is found.
A beacon of hope in times of fear,
Jesus speaks, and I draw near.

With every breath, His message flows,
A river of peace that gently grows.
In acts of kindness, in words of cheer,
His love is spoken, ever near.

I am His mouthpiece, humble and small,
To share His love, His call to all.
In every word, in every deed,
To be His voice, to plant His seed.

May my life reflect His grace,
In every step, in every place.
For in His service, I find my peace,
As Jesus’ mouthpiece, my soul’s release.


Lord Jesus, in Your presence, I humbly bow, seeking Your guidance, here and now. 

Make me Your mouthpiece, pure and true, to speak Your words in all I do. Fill my heart with Your endless grace, so I may reflect Your loving face. In every word and every deed, let Your love be the seed. Grant me wisdom, Lord, to know, the path You’ve chosen for me to go. With courage, let me boldly share, Your message of hope, everywhere.

In moments of doubt, be my guide, in times of fear, stay by my side. Let Your Spirit flow through me, a vessel of Your mercy, endlessly. May my life be a testament of Your love, guided by Your hand from above. In every breath, in every prayer, let Your presence be there.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your grace, for calling me to this sacred place. As Your mouthpiece, I find my peace, in Your service, my soul’s release. Amen.




Pericope:
V: The Journey to Jerusalem: Luke's Travel Narrative
REPROACHES TO UNREPENTANT TOWNS
Luke 10:13-16

Gospel Acclamation 
If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Gospel | Luke 10:13-16 

13 Jesus said to them, “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would long ago have repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15 And as for you, Capernaum, ‘Will you be exalted to heaven? You will go down to the netherworld.’” 16 Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.”



Reflection Source:
Conversation with Copilot

Jesus' Mouthpiece

"Whoever listens to you listens to me.  Whoever rejects you rejects me.  And whoever rejects me  rejects the one who sent me.” (Luke 10...