Sunday, January 14, 2024

“Come and You will See”

He said to them, “Come, and you will see.” 
So they went and saw where Jesus was staying, 
and they stayed with Him that day. 
It was about four in the afternoon. 
JOHN 1:39


Jesus invites you to come and see the wonders of His grace and love. He welcomes you with open arms to share His joy and peace. In Him, you shall see the beauty of His creation and plan. He reveals to you His purpose and will to guide your steps and path. You shall see and experience the power of His cross and the glory of His resurrection. He offers you His forgiveness and life to heal your wounds and soul.

Be a follower of Jesus and walk in His light. He is the way, the truth, and the life. The one true source of all that is right. Learn from His word. He is your "Rabbi" (teacher), master, and friend. He is the wisdom of God to the end. Serve with His love. He is the leader, the shepherd, and the king, the best model and example of how to live.

35 The next day John was there again with two of his disciples, 36 and as he watched Jesus walk by, he said, “Behold, the Lamb of God.” 37 The two disciples heard what he said and followed Jesus. 38 Jesus turned and saw them following him and said to them, “What are you looking for?” They said to him, “Rabbi”—which translated means Teacher—, “where are you staying?” 39 He said to them, “Come, and you will see.” So they went and saw where Jesus was staying, and they stayed with him that day. It was about four in the afternoon. 40 Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two who heard John and followed Jesus. 41 He first found his own brother Simon and told him, “We have found the Messiah”—which is translated Christ. 42 Then he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon the son of John; you will be called Cephas”—which is translated Peter. (John 1:35-42)

The Lord calls you by your name and knows you inside out. He sees your past and present. He understands your doubts. He calls you to His side and draws you with His grace, giving you hope and comfort and fills you with His praise. The Lord calls you to His work and equips you with His gifts. He sends you out with courage and He blesses you with His Spirit.

Listen and obey the Lord and you will find His peace. He speaks to you through His word and guides you with His voice. He shows you what is good and right and empowers you with His strength so that you can do His will. In doing so, you will bear His fruit as He grows you in His love and joy and rewards you with His crown.

3 Samuel was sleeping in the temple of the Lord where the ark of God was. 4 The Lord called to Samuel, who answered, “Here I am.” 5 Samuel ran to Eli and said, “Here I am. You called me.” “I did not call you,” Eli said. “Go back to sleep.” So he went back to sleep. 6 Again the Lord called Samuel, who rose and went to Eli. “Here I am,” he said. “You called me.” But Eli answered, “I did not call you, my son. Go back to sleep.” 7 At that time Samuel was not familiar with the Lord, because the Lord had not revealed anything to him as yet. 8 The Lord called Samuel again, for the third time. Getting up and going to Eli, he said, “Here I am. You called me.” Then Eli understood that the Lord was calling the youth. 9 So he said to Samuel, “Go to sleep, and if you are called, reply, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.’” When Samuel went to sleep in his place, 10 the Lord came and revealed his presence, calling out as before, “Samuel, Samuel!” Samuel answered, “Speak, for your servant is listening.” 19 Samuel grew up, and the Lord was with him, not permitting any word of his to be without effect. (1 Samuel 3:3-10, 19)

The Lord heard your cry and He came to your aid. He wiped away your tears and took away your fears. He answered your prayer, gave you what you need and showed you that He cares. God lifted you up, restored your joy and filled your cup.

Do the will of God and you will please Him. He delights in your obedience, smiles at your faithfulness. Do the will of God and you will glorify Him. He shines through your actions as He displays His grace and power. Do the will of God and you will enjoy Him. He alone can satisfy your soul and fill you with true love.

2 I have waited, waited for the Lord, and he stooped toward me and heard my cry. 4 And he put a new song into my mouth, a hymn to our God. 7 Sacrifice or offering you wished not, but ears open to obedience you gave me. Holocausts or sin-offerings you sought not; 8 then said I, “Behold I come. 8 In the written scroll it is prescribed for me, 9 to do your will, O my God, is my delight, and your law is within my heart!” 10 I announced your justice in the vast assembly; I did not restrain my lips, as you, O Lord, know. (Psalm 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10)

Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you and you are not your own. You were bought with a price and you belong to God alone. You are called to holiness. You are to honor God with your body and to glorify Him with your life. You are gifted with His presence having His power and wisdom, love and grace.

Be one with the Lord and you will share His mind. He will reveal to you His thoughts and will inspire you with His vision. Oneness with the Lord is sharing in His heart, filling you with His compassion and moving you with His emotion. He share with you His very own Spirit and empowers you with His gifts and unites you as one body of Christ.

13 Brothers and sisters: The body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body; 14 God raised the Lord and will also raise us by his power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? 17 But whoever is joined to the Lord becomes one Spirit with him. 18 Avoid immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body. (1 Corinthians 6:13-15, 17-20)

Lord Jesus, You are the way, the truth, and the life; the one true source of all that is right. Teach me O Lord and heal me. Guide my steps and path towards the fulfillment of Your will and purpose for my life. Thank You so much  for making me one with You to see and experience the wonders of Your grace, love, and peace. I shall follow You O Lord all the days of my life for without You I am nothing but with You, I can be everything that I want and wish for in life. All glory and honor are Yours now and forever. Amen.


Pericope:

II: The Book of Signs
THE FIRST DISCIPLES
John 1:35-51

I: History of the Last Judges, Eli and Samuel
REVELATION TO SAMUEL
1 Samuel 3:1-18

First Book of Psalms 1-41
GRATITUDE AND PRAYER FOR HELP
Psalm 40:1-18

II. Disorders in the Corinthian Community
SEXUAL IMMORALITY
1 Corinthians 6:12-20


Reflection Source:
Copilot with Bing Chat

Perform a Mighty Deed

Jesus replied, “Do not prevent him.  There is no one who performs  a mighty deed in my name  who can at the same time speak ill of me.  For ...