Friday, March 22, 2024

Believe in the Works

"If I do not perform my Father’s works do not believe me; 
but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, 
so that you may realize and understand 
that the Father is in Me and I am in the Father.”
(John 10:37-38)


Jesus’ works testify to His Identity. The good works He has done is evidence of His divine nature. His mission is to reveal God’s love through His works. Actions often speak louder than words. We should strive to reflect our beliefs through our actions, having faith and courage in Jesus even in the face of adversity.

31 The Jews picked up rocks to stone Jesus. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’? 35 If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came, and Scripture cannot be set aside, 36 can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world blasphemes because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 If I do not perform my Father’s works do not believe me; 38 but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.” 39 Then they tried again to arrest him; but he escaped from their power. 40 He went back across the Jordan to the place where John first baptized, and there he remained. 41 Many came to him and said, “John performed no sign, but everything John said about this man was true.” 42 And many there began to believe in him. (John 10:31-42)

Jesus' works, a testament clear, His Identity Divine, we hold dear. Good works He's done, evidence unfold, of His nature Divine, love untold. His mission, God's love to reveal, through His works, His promise seal. Actions speak louder, so they say, in our deeds, let our faith lay. Strive we must, in actions reflect, our beliefs, with respect. In face of adversity, courage take, have faith in Jesus, for His sake.

Dear Lord Jesus, Your works testify to Your divine identity. The good works You have done are evidence of Your divine nature. Your mission is to reveal God's love through Your works. Help us to understand that actions often speak louder than words. Guide us to strive to reflect our beliefs through our actions. Give us the strength to have faith and courage in You, even in the face of adversity. We thank You for Your unfailing love and for Your guidance in our lives. We pray that we may always find comfort and strength in You. In Your holy name, we pray. Amen.


Ultimate justice belongs to God. God tests the just and probes the mind and heart. Trials and tribulations can be a test of our faith and integrity. It is during these difficult times of adversity that we need to trust the Lord and rely on Him to deliver us. Let us praise the Lord in all circumstances maintaining a heart of gratitude even in the most difficult times.

10 I hear the whisperings of many: “Terror on every side! Denounce! Let us denounce him!” All those who were my friends are on the watch for any misstep of mine. “Perhaps he will be trapped; then we can prevail, and take our vengeance on him.” 11 But the Lord is with me, like a mighty champion: my persecutors will stumble; they will not triumph. In their failure they will be put to utter shame, to lasting, unforgettable confusion. 12 O Lord of hosts, you who test the just, who probe mind and heart, let me witness the vengeance you take on them, for to you I have entrusted my cause. 13 Sing to the Lord, praise the Lord, for he has rescued the life of the poor from the power of the wicked! (Jeremiah 20:10-13)

In the court of life, where battles are fought, ultimate justice belongs to God, we're taught. He tests the just, probes the mind and heart, in trials and tribulations, our faith He'll chart. When storms of life make us bend and sway, it's a test of our faith, a price to pay. Integrity stands firm, like a towering mast, in the face of adversity, holding fast. In difficult times, when shadows creep, trust in the Lord, His promises He'll keep. Rely on Him, for He is our guide, in His deliverance, we take pride. Through every circumstance, let praises ring, to the Lord Almighty, our offerings we bring. Maintain a heart of gratitude, let it shine, even in the most difficult times, divine.

Dear Heavenly Father, we acknowledge that ultimate justice belongs to You. You test the just and probe our minds and hearts. We understand that our trials and tribulations can be a test of our faith and integrity. In these difficult times of adversity, we put our trust in You, Lord. We rely on You to deliver us from our troubles. We know that Your love for us is unfailing, and Your power is infinite. Help us to maintain a heart of gratitude even in the most difficult times. Let us praise You in all circumstances, for You are our refuge and strength. In Jesus' holy name, we pray. Amen.


We may face severe trials in life, but we are not alone in these challenges. Despite facing overwhelming challenges, we find comfort in calling out to the Lord our God, confident that our cries for help are heard. God is our strength and refuge. He is our rock, fortress, deliverer, shield, salvation, and stronghold. Let us praise and thank the Lord for delivering us from all our troubles, trials, and the challenges of everyday living.

2 I love you, O Lord, my strength; 3 O Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer. My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold! 4 Praised be the Lord, I exclaim, and I am safe from my enemies. 5 The breakers of death surged round about me, the destroying floods overwhelmed me; 6 the cords of the nether world enmeshed me, the snares of death overtook me. 7 In my distress I called upon the Lord and cried out to my God; from his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. (Psalm 18:2-3, 3-4, 5-6, 7)

In life's arena, where trials severe, we are not alone, God is near. Overwhelming challenges may abound, in God's comfort, we are found. Calling out to the Lord, our cries He hears, In His presence, we cast our fears. God, our strength, our refuge, our rock, in His fortress, we take stock. Our deliverer, shield, salvation, stronghold, His love and protection, more precious than gold.
From troubles, trials, challenges of living, to the Lord, our thanks, we're giving. So let us praise, let our voices ring, to the Lord, our God, our praises we bring. For delivering us from every strife, in Him, we find abundant life.

Dear Heavenly Father, in the face of severe trials and overwhelming challenges, we find comfort in knowing that we are not alone. We call out to You, confident that our cries for help are heard. You are our strength and refuge, our rock and fortress. You are our deliverer, our shield, our salvation, and our stronghold. In You, we find the courage to face our troubles, trials, and the challenges of everyday living. We thank You for Your unfailing love and for delivering us from all our troubles. We praise You, Lord, for Your goodness and mercy. In Jesus'r holy name, we pray. Amen.



Pericope:

II: The Book of Signs
FEAST OF THE DEDICATION
John 10:31-42

II: Oracles mostly in the days of Jehoiakim
JEREMIAH'S INTERIOR CRISIS
Jeremiah 20:10-13

First Book of Psalms 1-41
A KING'S THANKSGIVING FOR VICTORY
Psalm 18:2-7

Reflection Source:
Copilot in Edge

Determined to Journey

When the days for Jesus being taken up were fulfilled,  he resolutely determined to journey to Jerusalem.  (Luke 9:51) Like Jesus, we should...