Sunday, January 28, 2024

Quiet! Come out of him!

Jesus rebuked him and said, “Quiet! Come out of him!” 
The unclean spirit convulsed him and with a loud cry came out of him.
MARK 1:25-26


Jesus is the Holy One of God, the Messiah, the Son. He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him. He has authority over all things, visible and invisible. He can heal the broken and make them whole. He can save the lost and give them a new hymn. He taught with grace and authority to challenge the traditions of men. Listen to the teachings of Jesus, they are spirit and life, they are truth and love, they are the way to the Father.

21 Then they came to Capernaum, and on the sabbath Jesus entered the synagogue and taught. 22 The people were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one having authority and not as the scribes. 23 In their synagogue was a man with an unclean spirit. 24 He cried out, “What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!” 25 Jesus rebuked him and said, “Quiet! Come out of him!” 26 The unclean spirit convulsed him and with a loud cry came out of him. 27 All were amazed and asked one another, “What is this? A new teaching with authority. He commands even the unclean spirits and they obey him.” 28 His fame spread everywhere throughout the whole region of Galilee. (Mark 1:21-28)

Jesus speaks in the name of the Father, the only true God. He invites us to know the Father, through faith in Him. He came from the Father, full of grace and truth. He revealed the Father, through His words and deeds. He spoke in the name of the Father, with power and authority. He did the will of the Father, even to the cross. He said, "I and the Father are one. Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father. Whatever I say, I say as the Father has told me. Whatever I do, I do as the Father has shown me."

Hear the voice of the Lord, He is comforting you to heal you and restore you, to guide you and lead you, to protect you and provide for you, to bless you and favor you, to comfort you and console you, to lift you and renew you. Listen to Him and learn from Him, grow in Him and bear fruit.

15 Moses spoke to all the people saying: “A prophet like me will the Lord, your God, raise up for you from among your own kin; to him you shall listen. 16 This is exactly what you requested of the Lord, your God, at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ‘Let us not again hear the voice of the Lord, our God, nor see this great fire any more, lest we die.’ 17 And the Lord said to me, ‘This was well said. 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their kin, and will put my words into his mouth; he shall tell them all that I command him. 19 Whoever will not listen to my words which he speaks in my name, I myself will make him answer for it. 20 But if a prophet presumes to speak in my name an oracle that I have not commanded him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, he shall die.’” (Deuteronomy 18:15-20)

You have seen the works of Jesus, the signs and wonders He has done. He healed the sick and raise the dead to life, fed the hungry, calmed the stormy sea, cast out demons and evil spirits, and opened the eyes of the blind. What will you do with what you have seen, how will you respond to Him? Will you believe and follow Him, and receive His gift of grace? Will you love and serve Him, and proclaim His name to all?

1 Come, let us sing joyfully to the Lord; let us acclaim the rock of our salvation. 2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us joyfully sing psalm to him. 6 Come, let us bow down in worship; let us kneel before the Lord who made us. 7 For he is our God, and we are the people he shepherds, the flock he guides. Oh, that today you would hear his voice: 8 “Harden not your hearts as at Meribah, as in the day of Massah in the desert, 9 where your fathers tempted me; they tested me though they had seen my works.” (Psalm 95:1-2, 6-7, 7-9)

You are anxious and troubled about many things. You worry about the future and the past. You fear the unknown and the what-ifs. You doubt yourself and your abilities. But the Lord is your refuge and strength. He is your help and your hope. He is your peace and your joy. He is your faith and your love. He says to you, "Cast all your anxieties on me for I care for you and I know what you need. Trust in me and I will provide for you. Seek me and I will guide you. The Lord frees you of anxieties, He is your deliverer.

32 Brothers and sisters: I should like you to be free of anxieties. An unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord. 33 But a married man is anxious about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, 34 and he is divided. An unmarried woman or a virgin is anxious about the things of the Lord, so that she may be holy in both body and spirit. A married woman, on the other hand, is anxious about the things of the world, how she may please her husband. 35 I am telling you this for your own benefit, not to impose a restraint upon you, but for the sake of propriety and adherence to the Lord without distraction. (1 Corinthians 7:32-35)

Lord Jesus, You are Holy One of God! Please heal me from all my sickness and pains and fully restore me to Your fullness of life. Teach me everything that is to know in pursuing the purpose for which You sent me. Open my mind and heart to always listen to Your voice so that I may be able to follow and obey You all the days of my life. Thank You so much for the peace that You give each moment, keeping me free from any stress and worry that my come my way. All glory and honor are Yours now and forever. Amen.




Pericope:

II: The Mystery of Jesus
THE CURE OF A DEMONIAC
Mark 1:21-28

III: Exposition of the Law
PROPHETS
Deuteronomy 18:9-22

Fourth Book of Psalms 90-106
A CALL TO PRAISE AND OBEDIENCE
Psalm 95:1-11

III: Answers to the Corinthians' Questions - A. Marriage and Virginity
ADVICE TO VIRGINS AND WIDOWS
1 Corinthians 7:25-40

Reflection Source:
Copilot with Bing Chat

Perform a Mighty Deed

Jesus replied, “Do not prevent him.  There is no one who performs  a mighty deed in my name  who can at the same time speak ill of me.  For ...