Monday, January 1, 2024

Reflecting on them in her Heart

And Mary kept all these things, 
reflecting on them in her heart.
LUKE 2:19


In the fields of Bethlehem, on a silent night the shepherds watched their flocks with care when suddenly the sky was filled with heavenly light and an angel of the Lord appeared. "Do not be afraid," the angel said with joy "For I have good news for you and all. Today in David's town, a baby boy is born. He is Christ the Lord, the Savior of all. And this will be a sign for you to find the child. He is wrapped in cloths and lies in a manger. Hurry now and see the one who is born so mild. He is God with us, Emmanuel, no stranger."

The shepherds went in haste to Bethlehem and found Mary and Joseph, and the infant lying in the manger. When they saw this, they made known the message that had been told them about this child. All who heard it were amazed by what had been told them by the shepherds. And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart. Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, just as it had been told to them. When eight days were completed for his circumcision, he was named Jesus, the name given him by the angel before he was conceived in the womb. (Luke 2:16-21)

You are chosen by the Lord for His purpose. He has a plan for you and a destiny to fulfill. He wants to guide you and teach you in His ways. He wants to bless you and keep you in His care. He wants to heal you and restore you in His grace. He wants to empower you and work through you in His power. He wants to make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you.

The Lord said to Moses: “Speak to Aaron and his sons and tell them: This is how you shall bless the Israelites. Say to them: The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace! So shall they invoke my name upon the Israelites, and I will bless them.” (Numbers 6:22-27)

How can we know the ways of God who made the heavens and the earth, who spoke the word and all things came, who rules the world with justice and grace. How can we know the ways of God who loves the world and gave his Son, who died for us and rose again, who lives in us and makes us one. How can we know the ways of God who sends His Spirit and His gifts, who guides us into all the truth, who works in us to do His will. How can we know the ways of God by trusting Him and His word, by following Him and His commands, by loving Him and His people.

May God have pity on us and bless us; may he let his face shine upon us. So may your way be known upon earth; among all nations, your salvation. May the nations be glad and exult because you rule the peoples in equity; the nations on the earth you guide. May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you! May God bless us, and may all the ends of the earth fear him! (Psalm 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8)

Abba Father, you are my God and my King, the creator of everything, the giver of every good thing, the lover of my soul and my spirit. You are my Father and my Friend, the one who knows me and understands, the one who cares for me and provides, the one who leads me and guides. You are my Master and my Teacher, the one who shapes me and makes me better, the one who instructs me and corrects me, the one who empowers me and directs me. You are my God and my King, the one I worship and praise, the one I love and obey, the one I trust and follow. You are my Abba Father.

When the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to ransom those under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. As proof that you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” So you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son then also an heir, through God. (Galatians 4:4-7)

Jesus, you are the light of my life who shines in my heart and guides my way, filling me with Your grace and Your love and the one true source of my joy and my peace. You are the truth of my life who teaches me Your word and Your will, inspiring me with Your wisdom and Your power and the very foundation of my faith and my hope. You are the life of my life who died for me and rose again, sharing with me your body and your blood and the utmost goal of my journey and my end. I give You all the glory and praise all my days. Amen.




Pericope:

II: The Infancy Narrative
THE VISIT OF THE SHEPHERDS / THE CIRCUMCISION AND NAMING OF JESUS
Luke 2:15-20 / 21

I: Preparation for the Departure from Sinai
THE PRIESTLY BLESSING
Numbers 6:22-27

Second Book of Psalms 42-72
HARVEST THANKS AND PETITION
Psalm 67:1-8

GOD'S FREE CHILDREN IN CHRIST
Galatians 4:1-7

Reflection Source:
Copilot with Bing Chat

Intention of the Heart to be Great

Jesus realized the intention of their hearts  a nd took a child and placed it by his side and said to them,  “Whoever receives this child in...