Thursday, January 25, 2024

Go and Proclaim the Gospel

“Go into the whole world and proclaim 
the Gospel to every creature."
MARK 16:15


Those who believe in Jesus Name have a hope that never fades. They trust in His eternal grace and follow His commands. They are not ashamed of the gospel, proclaiming His love and truth, and sharing His light with the world. Do not afraid of trials but instead rely on His strength and peace and rejoice in His presence. You are not alone in your journey; you belong to His family and shall enjoy His fellowship.

Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature. This is the mission that Jesus gave to His followers, to spread the good news of His death and resurrection, to offer salvation and forgiveness to all who believe. A challenge that we face in our generation, to overcome the barriers of language and culture, and to demonstrate God's love and power through our lives. This is the joy that we share in our service, to witness the transformation of hearts and minds, and to celebrate the growth of God's kingdom on earth.

15 Jesus appeared to the Eleven and said to them: “Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will drive out demons, they will speak new languages. 18 They will pick up serpents with their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them. They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” (Mark 16:15-18)

God designated you to know His will, to see the Righteous One, and to hear the sound of His voice. You are chosen and called by His grace to be His witness and servant in this world. The Lord aligned your thoughts and actions with His purpose, guided and empowered by His Spirit to be His instrument and partner in His work.

Be Jesus witness before all. This is the command that He gave to His disciples, to testify of His life and teachings, to show His grace and mercy to the world. This is the privilege that we have as His followers, to share His gospel and hope, to reveal His glory and majesty to the nations. A responsibility that we bear as His ambassadors, to represent His character and values, to uphold His justice and righteousness to the oppressed.

3 Paul addressed the people in these words: “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city. At the feet of Gamaliel I was educated strictly in our ancestral law and was zealous for God, just as all of you are today. 4 I persecuted this Way to death, binding both men and women and delivering them to prison. 5 Even the high priest and the whole council of elders can testify on my behalf. For from them I even received letters to the brothers and set out for Damascus to bring back to Jerusalem in chains for punishment those there as well. 6 “On that journey as I drew near to Damascus about noon, a great light from the sky suddenly shone around me. 7 I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’ 8 I replied, ‘Who are you, sir?’ And he said to me, ‘I am Jesus the Nazorean whom you are persecuting.’ 9 My companions saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who spoke to me. 10 I asked, ‘What shall I do, sir?’ The Lord answered me, ‘Get up and go into Damascus, and there you will be told about everything appointed for you to do.’ 11 Since I could see nothing because of the brightness of that light, I was led by hand by my companions and entered Damascus. 12 “A certain Ananias, a devout observer of the law, and highly spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, 13 came to me and stood there and said, ‘Saul, my brother, regain your sight.’ And at that very moment I regained my sight and saw him. 14 Then he said, ‘The God of our ancestors designated you to know his will, to see the Righteous One, and to hear the sound of his voice; 15 for you will be his witness before all to what you have seen and heard. 16 Now, why delay? Get up and have yourself baptized and your sins washed away, calling upon his name.’” (Acts 22:3-16)

Steadfast is the Lord's kindness toward us and His fidelity endures forever. He is faithful and true in all His ways and His promises never fail. He is gracious and compassionate in all His deeds and His mercy never ends. He is loving and loyal in all His relationships and His covenant never breaks. Praise and glorify the Lord for He is good and full of all grace. He is the Redeemer and Savior of all sinners, the Shepherd and Friend of all believers. 

1 Praise the Lord, all you nations; glorify him, all you peoples! 2 For steadfast is his kindness toward us, and the fidelity of the Lord endures forever. (Psalm 117:1, 2)

Lord Jesus, You are my Savior, Shepherd and Friend. I praise and glorify You for loving me unconditionally despite my sins. Today, I humbly ask for the grace to go and proclaim the gospel to everyone. Give me the wisdom, strength, courage, will, and determination to be Your mouthpiece and an ambassador to represent Your character and values. May all that I encounter see You in me as the one true source of everything that I am and everything that I do. All glory and honor are Yours now and forever. Amen.


Pericope:

The Longer Ending
THE COMMISSIONING OF THE ELEVEN
Mark 16:12-18

V: The Mission of Paul to the Ends of the Earth
PAUL'S DEFENSE BEFORE THE JERUSALEM JEWS
Acts 22:1-21

Fifth Book of Psalms 107-150
THE NATIONS CALLED TO PRAISE
Psalm 117:1-2


Reflection Source:
Copilot with Bing Chat

Perform a Mighty Deed

Jesus replied, “Do not prevent him.  There is no one who performs  a mighty deed in my name  who can at the same time speak ill of me.  For ...