Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Living a Well-Balanced Lifestyle with the Lord

 "There is need of only one thing. 
Mary has chosen the better part 
and it will not be taken from her.” 
(Luke 10:42)



Examine your daily life. How do you currently incorporate your faith into your daily routine?

Strive to maintain a well-balanced lifestyle. Do not be anxious and worried about many things. God is the only One you need, and all things shall follow.

Living a well-balanced lifestyle with the Lord involves integrating your faith into every aspect of your life. Here are some key principles to help you achieve this balance:

Prioritize Your Relationship with God: Make time for daily prayer, Bible study, and worship. As Matthew 6:33 says, "Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well".

Balance Work and Rest: Follow the biblical principle of Sabbath rest. God rested on the seventh day, and we are also called to rest and recharge. This helps prevent burnout and keeps you spiritually and physically healthy.

Take Care of Your Body: Honor God by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating nutritious foods, exercising regularly, and getting adequate sleep.

Maintain Healthy Relationships: Surround yourself with a supportive community that encourages your spiritual growth. Engage in fellowship with other believers and participate in church activities.

Serve Others: Use your gifts and talents to serve those around you. Acts of service not only help others but also bring fulfillment and purpose to your life.

Stay Grounded in Scripture: Let the Bible guide your decisions and actions. Scriptures like Colossians 1:10-17 remind us to live a life worthy of the Lord, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God
.
Remember, a balanced life doesn’t mean all areas are equally prioritized at all times. Sometimes, certain aspects will require more attention. Trust in God’s guidance to help you navigate these seasons.


In the quiet moments of dawn’s first light,
I seek the Lord, my guiding sight.
With every breath, a prayer I weave,
In His presence, I find reprieve.

Through the hustle and the daily grind,
His gentle whispers calm my mind.
In joy and sorrow, highs and lows,
His love, a constant, ever flows.

Balancing work, rest, and play,
I walk with Him, day by day.
In every task, both great and small,
I hear His call, I give my all.

With faith as my compass, love as my guide,
In His embrace, I safely abide.
Through trials and triumphs, come what may,
With the Lord, I find my way.

In moments of stillness, I hear His voice,
In His wisdom, I rejoice.
Living a life both full and free,
With the Lord, my soul’s at peace.



Dear Lord Jesus,

In the stillness of this moment, I come before You, seeking Your guidance and grace. Help me to live a life that is balanced and centered in You. Grant me the wisdom to prioritize my time and energy, so that in all I do, Your love and light may shine through.

Teach me to find harmony in my daily tasks, to work diligently, rest peacefully, and play joyfully. May Your presence be my constant companion, guiding my steps and calming my spirit.

In times of busyness, remind me to pause and seek Your face, to draw strength from Your Word and find peace in Your embrace. Help me to love others as You have loved me, with compassion, humility, and selflessness.

Lord, may my life be a reflection of Your grace, a testimony of Your goodness and faithfulness. In every season, through every challenge, may I walk closely with You, my Savior and Friend.

Thank You for Your unending love and mercy. I entrust my life into Your hands, knowing that with You, I am never alone.

In Your precious name, I pray, Amen.





Pericope:
V: The Journey to Jerusalem: Luke's Travel Narrative
MARTHA AND MARY
Luke 10:38-42

Gospel Acclamation 
Blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.

Gospel | Luke 10:38-42 

38 Jesus entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him. 39 She had a sister named Mary who sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. 40 Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me.” 41 The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. 42 There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.”



Reflection Source:
Conversation with Copilot

Give and Everything will be Clean

"But as to what is within,  give alms, and behold,  everything will be clean for you."  (Luke 11:41) This verse is part of Jesus’ ...